1. Abstract A 64-year-old male patient diagnosed with locally advanced esophageal cancer complicated by tracheo-esophageal fistula. Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), contrasted CT and PET-CT showed mid esophageal lesion. Bronchial fibroscopy (BFS) revealed protruding nodular mass invasion from esophagus at the distal trachea and fistula.
Month: October 2021
1. Abstract Salvia miltiorrhiza (SM, or Danshen) extract has been approved by China FDA for the treatment of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases owing to its potent anti-inflammatory effects. Whether SM may be used to treat Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) remains elusive. In the current study, Dextran-Sodium-Sulfate (DSS) induced colitis in mice was used as a …
1. Abstract Aberrant expression of the SRY-related HMG-box (SOX) genes contributes to tumor development and progression. This research aimed to identify the regulation of the SOX genes in Gastric Cancer (GC). Expression profiles downloaded from The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) were conducted to analyze the expression and function of the SOX genes.
1. Abstract 1.1. Purpose: This study aimed to evaluate the characteristics of pseudoaneurysms and aneurysms following gastrointestinal surgery treated with endovascular management (i.e., transcatheter arterial embolization or stent-graft placement). DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.47829/JJGH.2021.7702
1. Abstract 1.1. Background: Colorectal cancer (CRC) screening with colonoscopy can decrease the incidence of CRC. However, in order to ensure the optimal detection of polyps during colonoscopy, it is of paramount importance to achieve adequate bowel preparation. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.47829/JJGH.2021.7701
1. Abstract Wilson’s disease is an autosomal recessive disease causing progressive copper overload. It is an initially hepatic affection which can evolve towards a multi-systemic attack with an accumulation of copper in the brain, the eye, the kidney, the heart.
1. Abstract Xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis (XGC) is a benign uncommon variant of chronic cholecystitis. Perioperative findings may lead to confusion with gallbladder cancer, as the inflammation frequently extends to adjacent organs. In this report, we present a 50-year-old woman with a 2- years history of chronic abdominal pain and imaging suggestive of gallbladder carcinoma. The pathological …
1. Abstract A 48-year-old man with HBV-related cirrhosis was found to have three small hepatocellular carcinomas (HCC) in segment 5, 6 and 8 with a clinical stage of T2N0M0/BCLC stage A. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.47829/JJGH.2021.7601
1. Abstract Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) or Rendu–Osler–Weber disease is a rare autosomal dominant multisystem disease characterized by angiodysplastic lesions involving the skin, lungs, gastrointestinal tract, brain and liver.
1. Abstract 1.1. Aims: This review aims to provide an overview of candidate biomarkers derived from MS-based proteomics representing inflammation or fibrosis in NAFLD and ALD. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.47829/JJGH.2021.7502